At last, thanks to Oatly, we can have a dairy-free syllabub that’s just as delicious! This version went down well with my son James. ?
Serves: 6 (or can stretch to 8)
- 250ml Whippable Creamy Oat by Oatly
- 55g white sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of two oranges
- 100ml sparkling grape juice
- Add the sugar to the juices and warm until the sugar is dissolved completely
- Allow the juice to cool completely
- Meanwhile, whip the cream until it thickens and forms peaks (an electric whisk is best)
- Add the sparkling grape juice to the sugared juice
- Gradually fold the juice into the cream
- Pour into tall-stemmed glasses and chill well
Note: the longer you chill the dessert, the more juice will separate out – which you may or may not like! Top with grated orange rind, if desired.
For an alcoholic version, replace the orange juice and sparkling grape juice with 150ml sweet white wine or Madeira.
Approximate figures (if divided into six portions):
- 10g fat of which saturates, 9g
- 21g carbohydrate of which sugars, 11g
- 1.2g fibre
- 0.7g protein
- 0.1g salt
If you liked this recipe, you might want to buy a dairy-free recipe book, and support this site in the process! (Affiliate links are no additional cost to you.)